At Waka Kayaks it is extremely important to ensure our kayaks are of high quality and won’t let paddlers down.
- Waka kayaks have a warranty for one year as of 1st January 2018.
- The warranty covers both plastic and parts, manufacturing and material defects.
- The manufacturer or seller undertakes to change and/or repair the kayak or any part thereof.
- The company Waka Kayaks is not responsible for any additional warrantees granted by the seller.
- Kayaking is a potentially dangerous sport and Waka Kayaks assumes no liability for any damage or injury incurred in connection with the use of its products.
Conditions of claim:
- Proof of Kayak purchased as the original owner must be presented.
- A written explanation and photographs of damage must be provided.
- The justification of the claim must be authorized by Waka Kayaks in consultation with the manufacturer.
Warranty is not valid in the following cases:
- Normal wear and tear.
- Any damage due to improper, excessive or abusive use.
- Scenarios where damage to a kayak might normally be expected (e.g. damage caused after a swim, when an empty kayak has filled with water and impacted or hit against rocks).
- Rock pitons or heavy impacts on rocks.
- Folds from impacts on large waterfalls.
- Changes made to the shell or outfitting of the kayak (including customization or repair), except where this work has been completed by Waka Kayaks.
- Damage to the boat from using a modified brace or from removal of the reinforcing foam.
- Damage during transportation and shipping.
- Damage to the kayak caused by prolonged exposure to sunlight, high heat or severe cold.